How to get a promotion at work? Most people who get promoted are those who know how to be positive, some people may be good at what they do, but most of the time this is not enough. If you want something real bad, you have to perceive it happening. It’s not enough to do your job, you have to know how to be positive and do your job with a happy heart.
In the competitive world of professional employment, knowing your craft and performing well is not enough to get a promotion, you’ll have to act as a leader and make everyone’s lives easier. But how does this relate to being positive? Simply put, the answer is if you are someone who knows how to be positive you make people’s lives bearable, you put smiles into their faces and turn the negative into positive situations. Instead of making it a more difficult, you make it a better one by finding the solution with a happy heart.
- If you really are after a promotion, you will have to speak out to your boss and ask what else is missing. Tell them your plan and make it visible in the open. With this, your boss will have an idea you are interested in a position and that you have career plans. You have to be heard. It is best to know how to get a promotion at work from your boss. Ask what you are missing and then you’ll know what you’ll be getting.
- Getting more responsibility at work makes you more visible. This is also one of the fastest ways on how to get a promotion at work. If you want to be promoted this technique will work faster especially when you are doing something else than your jobdescription. People seeing this makes them think that you are bringing your career in a higher level, applying of course your secrets on how to be positive. But, be sure that your boss and the management know that you are going the extra mile.
- As mentioned, people who know how to be positive make their colleague’s life easier. Optimists are reasonable people and easier to deal with; they won’t tolerate negative thoughts and will dismiss it right away. This will definitely help especially if you have colleagues who want to be positive. In time, you will develop leadership skills which will make you noticeable and visible in the eyes of everyone. Having your colleague’s respect is also a primary fact on how to get a promotion at work. You have to be known as a person who thrives and pushes for excellence without being a nagger and an asshole.
- Observe people, focus on those who just got promoted, do they know how to be positive as well? How do they perform in their jobs? Are they happy while doing it? The secret to success does not only rely on what you know but how you perceive success itself, you will have to pattern your performance with this people and of course you have to keep your values and follow your list on how to be positive. Getting a promotion does not only mean you will get a new title, but it may also mean bigger responsibilities. People with management skills will require you to know how to handle people. If you want to get promoted to a supervisory position, observe the people around you. Observe how the bosses take it to the next level.
- Follow the leader! This is a very important facet of getting a promotion. There are many ways to get a promotion but you have to push for being obedient first. Your ideas matter. Yes they do! But the bosses Ideas matter the most. You work for them and they have been deputized by your company to call the shots, not you. Bosses hate loosecannons. You have to go with the flow before you get promoted. I am not saying you have to be a slave. I’m saying that you can’t be a rebel if you want that promotion so badly. Bosses like discipline in their departments, they like to see through all operations. Be part of what he likes and you’ll stand out.
- Keep opinions on the safer side first. If you want to learn how to be promoted at work, keep your mouth on the positive side. Bosses and the entire management are very sensitive. This is no room for democracy. This is where some politics come in. Even if we hate it, we have to work with our relationships at work so we get what we want. If youcan’t handle this, then you will be in the hit list, and that is going to be bad. Again, your opinions do matter, but try to be conservative against it. Voice it out but only after the boss is done with his speech. Try to voice your side of the equation but it should support the company’s goals and your boss’ goal.
- Build a good relationship with your boss. If you can’t be at the same page as the person you are working for, get out and try to find another one that meets your expectations. You are an employee and not the business owner. Your boss is just as insecure as you are. Try to blend in with his personality at first and then cope with him. He will do the same thing. Even assholes will do these. You have to look up to him as a boss and wait until he comes up with a certain closeness to deal things with him. This is not kissing his ass; this is working for a better relationship so you can communicate better. One of the key areas at work that we want to have to be successful is having good communications skills. Earn the trust, earn the promotion.
- Getting a promotion means working hard and being positive. Don’t expect a promotion if you are not doing anything that has changed productivity. You have to have results. The only thing you can produce good results is by working. You have to know what it takes to be promoted so you have a gage. Hone your skills first before you start dreaming of getting a promotion. Be positive as careers are not built over night. Be positive!
- Be creative! You have to be. If you can work as hard as everyone else but you can’t do anything new that can help out and bring you to the next level then you are not going forward. Try to think of new ways. Management loves new things that can bring more so they can give more. Providing new innovations is one of the few instant ways to get promoted. This is the fast lane.
- Be business minded. You are working because of the money, the company hired people because of the money too. If you want to have more money from your employment, you have to bring them a lot of money too. Get it? How do we get business minded? One, look for ways to save money and two, find some ways to bring in more money. If you can create the most advanced computer in the world for your company but will not earn them anything because it can’t be sold, then it isn’t doing the company any good. You still have to find a way to make those ends work. Every action you take in the company should lead to money.
There are more ways to get promoted. We will continue to update this piece and hopefully we can help you further. Getting promoted means aiming and going for the shot strong, we have to be steady. Short terms accomplishments will not bring us anything. Think long term. Think wise. Think positive.
- Get Promoted Without Begging On Your Knees (pusitiboo.com)
- Be positive: How to Play Hard with Your Career (pusitiboo.com)
- Assholes at Work: How to Deal (pusitiboo.com)
- Selflessness towards Career Success (pusitiboo.com)
- What can make your boss love you? (pusitiboo.com)
- The “How To” on Building a Positive Work Environment (pusitiboo.com)
- Getting Promoted Means You Got the Job Done (pusitiboo.com)